RIPESS is a global network of continental networks committed to the promotion of Social Solidarity Economy since 1997. The member networks themselves bring together national and sectorial networks, thus ensuring strong territorial anchoring. The combined global and local scope gives RIPESS legitimacy to promote SSE, foster intercontinental cooperation, and advocate at different levels.
The inherent nature of RIPESS includes the objective of contributing to systemic, transformative change, as an alternative to capitalism, and other authoritarian, state dominated economic systems. It does this by demonstrating how much SSE contributes in terms of real answers at local level to the existing system that is clearly showing its limits.
SSE seeks systemic transformation that goes beyond superficial change in which the root oppressive structures and fundamental issues remain intact. RIPESS members believe in the importance of the globalization of solidarity, and the ability to build and strengthen an economy that places people and planet at the center of its activities.
Context of the offer
The key to promoting exchange between the continental members, as well as to giving visibility to the work done by the network members from different continents lies on a good communication flow in the different languages. In addition, the positioning of RIPESS as a network rooted at the local level and at the same time present at the intercontinental level in spaces of international advocacy, must be reflected through the different communication channels, as a support to strengthen our actions.
Since 2017 RIPESS has launched a communication strategy by hiring a communications manager. The bases of a communication strategy have been implemented, RIPESS members have become used to transmitting news more regularly, international advocacy actions are being promoted, public intercontinental dialogues have been launched to give visibility to RIPESS 2020 SSE Global Vision (through webinars), and RIPESS is followed by many organizations from grassroots to institutions.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors and the Executive Secretary, the role of the Communication Manager mainly is:
– Accompany the development and implementation of a professional communication strategy
– Ensure regular communication in the RIPESS Intercontinental different channels
– Foster internal communication, through different adapted digital tools, meetings & webinars proposals
– Elaborate / coordinate the elaboration of new communication materials (videos, campaigns, infographics, guides, etc.)
– Follow-up news about SSE around the world according to RIPESS criteria
– Compile and disseminate a regular newsletter
– Keep the ripess.org website updated and consider new developments’ needs
– Work in collaboration with socioeco.org (RIPESS resources platform) to highlight important resources
– Ensure three-language translations (EN, FR, ES) of relevant communications, articles, mails, meeting notes, reports
– Participate in multi-continent virtual meetings of the different working groups and Board meetings to support the translation and to transmit the reflections and proposals from communication.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
– Experience in developing and implementing communication 2.0 strategies in similar contexts:
– Experience in the use and administration of online tools and social media:
– Familiarity with the SSE and social movement networks;
– Master the 3 languages of RIPESS (spoken and written) – French, English, Spanish;
– Curiosity and agility to search for information on the Web;
– Ability to write, summarize and translate in the different languages;
– Autonomy, flexibility, proactivity and versatility: work mainly at home:
– Open, communicative, creative, reactive and at the same time patient person;
– Education preference: communication / journalism / Political sciences;
– Professional experience of at least 8-10 years.
– Minimum 5 years of experience in an equivalent function
- 25h/ week – 1 year, renewable – based in Barcelona or surroundings
- Start in September 2020
- Network of contacts from the local to the global on SSE
To apply, send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
Extended Deadline for submitting: 26/07/2020
Interviews will take place virtually between the 28th and 30th of July