July 23, 2018 12:00 am UTC+2
ECOS Cooperative Group
c/ Casp 43, Barcelona
XES – Xarxa d’economia solidaria de Catalunya
Barcelona, 23 July – The Solidarity Economy Network of Catalonia, the Department of Labour, Social Affairs and Families of the Generalitat and the Barcelona City Council invite you to the press conference for the presentation of the World Social Forum of Transformative Economies. Barcelona will thus become the world capital of economies of change with an event that should bring together nearly 10,000 people from 5 continents in spring 2020.
Barcelona was chosen by the international solidarity economy network RIPESS and the World Social Forum to host this event in view of Catalonia’s history linked to the cooperative movement and social movements.
Initiated in two stages (2019/2020), the Forum aims to mark the new global agenda of so-called transformative economies from 5 different axes: the social solidarity economy / feminist economies / the agro-ecological movement and food sovereignty / natural, urban and digital commons / ethical finance.
The following people will present it:
– Chakir el Homrani, Minister of Labour, Social Affairs and Families
– Gerardo Pisarello. First Deputy Mayor
– Alba Hierro, spokesperson for the Catalan Solidarity Economy Network (XES)
– Laure Jongejans, RIPESS Intercontinental Coordinator
– Xavier Artigas, XES member and coordinator of the World Social Forum of Transformative Economies
– Ruben Suriñach, economist and member of XES
PLACE: ECOS Cooperative Group (c / Casp, 43)
DAY AND TIME: 23 July at 12 noon
Contact person: Xavier Artigas – 630454654 – email@example.com
This post is also available in / aussi en: French