March 10, 2017
The next General Assembly of RedPES is scheduled for 10, 11 and 12 March 2017 in S. Miguel, in Azores. It will be a unique opportunity to visit interesting initiatives of Solidarity Economy carried out by Kairós and the various initiatives incubated there. As in previous General Assemblies, RedPES have sought to develop a broad program that can not only fulfill the legal obligations to carry out the GA, but also meet the training and updating needs of the different participants regarding the clarification of the concepts of the Social Economy and Solidarity Economy, and the challenges of tourism in the Solidarity Economy.
It will undoubtedly be an excellent time to share knowledge and experience, thus enabling partnerships and linkages to be tackled in order to face new challenges with greater assertiveness.
RedPES will also be pleased to take their members on a guided tour to the various facilities of the Kairós Cooperative, the first institution to dedicate itself to the Solidarity Economy in Portugal.
RedPES will take advantage of the members’ stay to also get to know some of the Azores which is the best “green” tourist destination in Europe with a guided visit to the main tourist attractions of the island.
Day 9, Thursday
• Reception of members participating in the 5th AG of RedPES;
Day 10, Friday
• Visits to some of the projects and organizations of Solidarity Economy of the Azores;
Day 11, Saturday – Morning
• RedPES General Assembly, with the following agenda:
– Discussion and approval of the Activities Report;
– Discussion and approval of the Accounts and the Fiscal Council’s opinion; Ø Another subjects;
Day 11, Saturday – Afternoon
• Colloquium / seminar with two different themes
- Social and Solidarity Economy – What Differences and Similarities; Ø Tourism – What Challenges for the Solidarity Economy.
Day 12, Sunday
• KAIRÓS will organize a tourist route, linked to the Solidarity Economy, with the cooked breakfast of Furnas.