By Françoise Wautiez, April 20, 2017
Socioeco.org is a resource website of social and solidarity economy (SSE). It countains more than 5000 documents of analysis and case studies, more than 1500 publications and, near 245 university trainings in SSE in 5 languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. Plus some documents in Catalan and German added recently.
In addition to the ideas and concepts that traverse the broad field of the SSE, we also want to highlight the projects and actors that make the sector a real instrument of social transformation throughout the world. By creating a collective resource site with an international reach, we will be demonstrating the comprehensive nature and relevance of the economic paradigm promoted by the SSE.
What can you find on socioeco.org?
- an international SSE agenda provides the dates of SSE-related events.
- very diverse documents : from pedagogical tools tol research papers, thesis, thorough articles, reading notes, interventions in events, propositions or charters ;
- the abstracts, titles, authors, etc of publications linked to the themaric issues of social and solidarity economy ;
- videos ;
- trainings in SSE around the world ;
- a mapping, called ESSglobal. The map of initiatives allows you to find an initiative near home or in a place you are going to (the Essglobal mapping has been developed as yet for Brasil, Quebec and France)
- legislations in favour of SSE per country;
- a mapping of alternative medias ;
- two additional mappings: the map of solutions which presents descrpitions of concrete initiatives of SSE around the world and the map of public policies that identifies the public policies in favour of SSE from the local to the international level.
Different ways to access documents
The site is designed to provide a whole series of entry points for accessing the documents.
- thematic : 9 main issues, 52 Files and, 213 keywords;
- Geographical access per country.
- Access via author. or via organisation.
- Access by conferences
- a SSE Encyclopedia section, where you will find a glossary with a wide range of definitions of SSE concepts. Solecopedia is designed as a wiki in 7 languages explaining the terminology associated with the SSE and providing translations in other languages. You can then look for the corresponding keywords and documents, analyses or case studies, that further illustrate the definitions.
- A search engine.
Collaborations with other websites :
There are several websites that work with informations concerning SSE or specific aspects of it : for example, RELIESS, dédicated to public policies in favour of social and solidarity economy . Rather than doing the same, socioeco.org is integrating the RELIESS documents. a logo allows to recognize the origin of the documents and when you click on them, you are immediately redirected towards the original website. Other web sites that are integrated in the same way :
- Recma, the international journal on social economy
- Autour du 1ermai for its films on SSE
- The SSE TV of RIPESS Intercontinental
- Le Laboratoire et Service International d’appui Aux Organisations d’Economie Sociale et Solidaire en Afrique (Labo RAESS)
- The plateform Alimenterre – Feed the world with sustainable small scale agriculture
- SAW-B – Solidarité des alternatives wallonnes et bruxelloises
- José Luis Coraggio ‘s website
- The Portal de Economía Solidaria
- IJCCR – International Journal of Community Currency Research
- Jean-Louis Laville’s website
That is to say around 16000 references….
To develop socioeco.org, we need your collaboration. Send us the documents you think are important or that you have written yourselves, write an introduction for the author form to share your work, describe iinitiatives.
This website is designed for a collaborative work, the more contents, the more useful it will be.
Please send a message to Françoise Wautiez : firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on facebook/socioeco; twitter : socioecofr and scoop.it : http://www.scoop.it/t/economie-sociale-et-solidaire-a-l-international