RIPESS Europe aims to share best practices and engage in joint actions that can expand and enhance the visibility of the Social and Solidarity Economy.
The network aims to bring together stakeholders and organizations in the social and solidarity economy at the European level with the scope to promote other modes of production, consumption, saving and sharing. The goal is in the end to construct more just economic relations and a more solidarity-based development.
According to the Article 5 of its Statutes, the purpose of RIPESS Europe states that:
“The object of the Association is the creation and development of a European network for the promotion of Solidarity Economy, the exchange of best practices, the development of an active and responsible European citizenship, sympathetic with the rest of the world population and with future generations.”
Its objectives were defined in the Foundation Congress in Barcelona (2011), through workshops carried out with all the participating organizations:
1. Making visible the networks, actors and experiences of solidarity economy (indoor and outdoor visibility).
2. Sharing experiences and good practices.
3. Developing and promoting economic cooperation between networks and actors of Solidarity Economy.
4. Constructing joint projects.
5.Developing a collective intelligence.
6. Building a common voice.
7. Expanding to Northern and East Europe to achieve a greater cultural and linguistic diversity.
This post is also available in / aussi en: French